|Cape Town, Westlake Business Park
|Some telecommuting allowed
If you’re a bit of a wordsmith, disciplined at tracking KPIs, and think you understand what makes TikTokkers tick, we’d love to hear from you.
If you are too allergic to typos, loves puns and is comfortable in front of the camera, even better.
Who are we?
Our team started with two good friends and just 32 products in a salon in Cape Town in 2006, and now there are over 200 of us helping to make Yuppiechef the leading kitchen and homewares store in South Africa. We sell 8,000 products chosen from 700 leading international and local brands, and we are growing faster than ever.
We see ourselves as helping people find more moments of joy in their homes, through products that make everyday life more delicious, more comfortable, more innovative and more beautiful. Our brand is loved by our customers, with a history of risk-taking and quirkiness, and a celebration of all things fun. Our omnichannel shopping experience provides high-quality service to our customers, both in our stores and online, where it’s most convenient for them. And we need you to help us reach even more of them and show them who we are.
What does your role look like
- Most of the time, you will be the person who keeps our brand loved and engaging on social media platforms. It means you will be
- Brainstorm great and fun content ideas that align with brand goals
- Produce/shoot/film content on your phone, work with other teams as needed and get them excited about what you’re building
- Managing a tight ship with your content schedule, not letting deadlines slip away
- Launch Yuppiechef on Tiktok and create our character there
- Contact influencers and other third parties to collaborate on campaigns
- Decide on KPIs that determine the success or failure of key campaigns, track performance and report results
- The role does not include answering customer questions via our social media account except in very specific cases – our amazing customer support team handles this
- A quarter of your time will be spent writing, creating compelling lines of copy, and on branding for campaigns running on other channels, like video ads or storefronts.
Who are you
You describe yourself as someone…
- Who likes to learn, engage and share on social media, whether professionally or personally
- Who quickly makes friends. We’d like to see you get known in the business, bring people together around a fun content concept, and engage and excite them.
- Who likes to read and write, and appreciates the carefully considered tone in writing
- Who thinks creatively and enjoys designing new ways to get a message across
- Who is comfortable being in front of the camera once in a while – filming what they are doing and providing funny commentary about it
- Who freaks out when they see typos – especially yours.
- who is disciplined. We don’t like micromanagement and we don’t want you to either.
- Who is open to taking risks, experimenting with new platform features and media ideas
- Who loves cooking, creating good dishes and working with good tools
What experience and skills do you need for the position
- At least 2 years of experience in general marketing, including at least one year as individual manager of:
- brand presence on social media (Instagram and Facebook at a minimum, on a currently active account): plan content schedules, personally produce frequent and high-quality content, be the voice of the brand and manage the account via a social network account management Platform
- decide and report on relevant social media KPIs to gauge the effectiveness of a range of different tactics (not just overall account metrics, but by initiative when working on larger projects)
- writing across multiple traditional and digital channels in a B2C context (ideally related to retail), using a brand voice
- Proof of being confident and comfortable in front of the camera on a regular basis
- Being a frequent TikTok user, either personally or professionally
Environment, salary and benefits
- We will equip you with a Macbook
- When working from home, you will need your own stable broadband internet connection for this role.
- When you’re in our Westlake office, you’ll find a fully equipped communal kitchen where you can use the tools we sell, as well as fully stocked coffee stations where you can hone your barista skills.
- You will join an enthusiastic, creative and performance-driven marketing team
- You will participate in monthly company-wide phone calls where we celebrate the achievements of all teams and discuss the future
- Office parking available
Compensation and Benefits
- We pay competitive, market-related salaries based on skills and experience, and a profit share based on company performance
- Your salary is based on a “total cost to business” model and includes:
- Contributions for medical aid (discovery)
- Group life insurance
- Retirement pension
- Employee Assistance Program
- 17 days of paid annual leave, increased to 20 days with seniority
Yuppiechef is South Africa’s leading kitchen and homeware store. Based in Westlake, Cape Town, with retail stores in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban, we see ourselves as helping people find more moments of joy at home, through products that make everyday life more comfortable, more innovative and more beautiful. And we do this through our omnichannel shopping experience, providing our world-class service to our customers both in our stores and online.
Posted on Jun 08 13:54, Closing date Aug 7